My daughter is a rambunctious five year old, constantly running and needing a place to blow off steam, so recentlyive been researching ideas for an affordable outdoor playground. I’m sure that you can do a lot and I have seen a ton of ideas but I’ve been the most inspired by tires. Yep, old used tires making an entire playground to delight your child with hardly a dent to your wallet. So I went online to see what I could find on an upcycled playground made with tires, here are some of the awesome things I came across…
These are just a few ides for playground equipment, but ideas are endless. Its really amazing what you can do with just a little bit of time and paint. I’m excited to do this for my daughter, I know by next summer its gong to be so hard to get her off of her new playground and inside the house!
Here are a couple more ideas that I loved when I was looking, I hope you find them inspiring as well and put this amazing way to recycle into practice in some way!
Being away from home for long periods of time is hard for a lot of us to deal with, but more and more jobs are requiring us to travel. How do we make the best of our time at home? Well as always we had some ideas so grab the wife, grab the kids, and grab the husbands cuz we’re all having fun while we’re home!
1. Plan an outdoor family fun day- Find some hiking trails in your area, or ride bikes, hit the lake, go camping….Just be outside together.
2. LARP ( Live Action Role Playing)- Dress in costume and seek adventure as a family, either in the backyard or at a spacious park near you! Tons of fun and laughs and makes for amazingly hilarious family photos.
3. Dinner date- If it just you and the wife, take her out for dinner, then after be crazy and take somewhere new. Star gazing, a picnic, a new club, anything goes… Just make sure it’s something she enjoys!!
4. Couples therapy- Take the time to get out your frustrations, go to laser tag, paintball, bumper cars,and maybe even get in the ring and box a few rounds.
5. Giant water slide- Keep it safe with this one and make sure to wear helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads. After you’re geared up find a huge sheet of linoleum flooring and a jar of veggie oil..You know what to do!
Have fun, be safe, Triumph in your joy!
Like many out there I am a joyful parent, I love my child and do everything to make her happy. Also like many parents I have learned to watch my tongue in front of the little one, which creates built up stress and tension. ( not happiness) So I found the cure! I wait until I am alone running an errand in my car, then I let it all out; I do mean all,I turn the music up and let the cuss words fly. ( I have even been known to flip the bird now and again.) And oh does it let the stress out! I have never felt better and my kid doesn’t have to have a potty mouth. So what’s this bloggers advice? Just say f**k it!