Being away from home for long periods of time is hard for a lot of us to deal with, but more and more jobs are requiring us to travel. How do we make the best of our time at home? Well as always we had some ideas so grab the wife, grab the kids, and grab the husbands cuz we’re all having fun while we’re home!
1. Plan an outdoor family fun day- Find some hiking trails in your area, or ride bikes, hit the lake, go camping….Just be outside together.
2. LARP ( Live Action Role Playing)- Dress in costume and seek adventure as a family, either in the backyard or at a spacious park near you! Tons of fun and laughs and makes for amazingly hilarious family photos.
3. Dinner date- If it just you and the wife, take her out for dinner, then after be crazy and take somewhere new. Star gazing, a picnic, a new club, anything goes… Just make sure it’s something she enjoys!!
4. Couples therapy- Take the time to get out your frustrations, go to laser tag, paintball, bumper cars,and maybe even get in the ring and box a few rounds.
5. Giant water slide- Keep it safe with this one and make sure to wear helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads. After you’re geared up find a huge sheet of linoleum flooring and a jar of veggie oil..You know what to do!
Have fun, be safe, Triumph in your joy!
Fall is here and kids always love the usual fall activities like jumping through freshly raked leaves; But we want you guys to be creative! So here are some fun things to do during the leaf changing.
1. Use a bubble machine and let your bubble fly with the leaves. ( makes great photos).
2. Buy pumpkins to give as gifts to friends, carve a message or silly face into your pumpkin and inside insert an unlit candle. Good to go!
3. Fall is the perfect time for last bbq’s – so go all out, invited the whole neighborhood to a block party to celebrate the turning of the seasons.
4. Paint Frisbees with glow in the dark paint and fly disks in the dark, you can do this with way more than Frisbees.
5. Flashlight tag is always a great activity and to add to the fun you can make it more difficult with laser pointers!
6. Build two forts on either side of your home and within sight of each other. Then break out the paintball guns, water balloons, and anything else Nerf made for throwing….The game is on!
7. Press beautiful leaves between heavy books until they are flat and then make collages for a scrapbook.
8. Decorate a tree in your yard with pin cones rolled in peanut butter and birdseed, then watch as hundreds of beauties fly around you.
There are a ton more and I’m sure we will have more soon, let us know what you like to do in Fall.
Winter weather is coming and often we just stay inside, gain weight, and complain of boredom. So here is a list of fun things to do in the cold!
1. Tye dye the snow. Mix food coloring to create colors, use paint, or koolaid powder to makes amazing snow art.
2. Silly string fight. No matter what the weather is like this is lays a blast!
3.Fill balloons with colored water-freeze- remove colored ice ball, and have obstacle courses set up to race and see which color wins. You can do this on with or without snow.
4. Snow fort. Nuff said
5. Freeze tag- get a bucket of snowballs and some friends and head outside to team up in the ultimate game of freeze tag. One person on each team tries to freeze the other team by pelting them with snowballs until they are unfrozen by their teams bucket holder(who also throws snowballs to unfreeze them) last person standing wins it for their team.
6. Bonfire party, a great way to stay warm and get your nightlife on in the winter.
7. Make beautiful designs in the snow using colored marbles, bottle caps, and generally pretty items. You will be surprised at the beauty.
These are just a few fun things to get you out of the house this winter, enjoy doing them and please post suggestions for more winter activities!